[ath] headsup - I'm likely going to revert a bunch of work in ath(4) soon

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon Feb 11 08:09:52 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm likely going to revert a bunch of my work in ath(4) soon. I've
been trying to chase down some performance issues that have crept in
with my if_transmit() and software queue changes and .. well, to be
honest, I'm just plain unhappy with it. It's utterly terrible -
performance seems to have dropped down from 150+mbit down to 80mbit
when using a FreeBSD transmitter. In hostap mode it seems fine - but
in station mode running iperf it just has _terrible_ performance.

So I'm going to back things out to some point in time in the past
where it behaved ok, then re-apply the bugfixes and spectral scan
code.

I'm sorry for this code churn.

Adrian