kern/181100: [bwi] Turning up bwi0 crashes / deadlocks the kernel

Julio Merino julio at meroh.net
Sat Aug 17 22:57:24 UTC 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please work with Justin to figure out the IP of that panic inside
> _bwi_txeof(), and then map it back to a line number?
>
> I've no idea where the panic is actually triggering.

There is only one KASSERT within _bwi_txeof() mentioning "ring_idx",
and that's the line triggering the panic.

(And yes, I've verified this... not with a core dump, because I cannot
get one, but by putting printfs() around the various KASSERTS that
yield this message.)

Does that help?

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv