Please Test: Updated Ral Driver Patch for rt2860/rt3090

matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 21:34:23 UTC 2012

On 03/21/12 00:54, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 06:04, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How's the ralink driver tinkering going?
>>
>> How far out are we from committing something partially working to
>> -HEAD? What are the showstoppers?
> Lots of stuff, please let me go over at least the reg.h and var.h
> first. I'm only half way through the reg file yet.

Agreed...google code version needs some looking at before anything is
committed...There are/were some rough edges last chance I
got...unitialized warning for "val" in io_eeeprom_read and of course a
fine panic after attach. At least this time there was a debugger...I
can't find my firewire bracket.

I'll hopefully get some time to keep messing around with it this weekend
and see if either Bernhard's work or careful line-by-line comparison
with mine can make it happy again. There were quite a few changes to the
eeprom side of things I saw (eeprom_ctl), which I think is bringing us
closer to OpenBSD compatibility, ie. same eeprom defines? Or just newer
code?

Thanks,
Matt