Please Test: Updated Ral Driver Patch for rt2860/rt3090

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at dlink.ua
Tue Mar 13 11:13:20 UTC 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 17:58:11 -0700
matt <sendtomatt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 03/12/12 17:48, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>> > .. I'm going to leave this up to you guys/girls/etc to sort out.
>> >
>> > Let's get this updated ralink NIC driver into -HEAD already! Even
>> > if CCMP doesn't yet work let's still get it into the tree and then
>> > work on why CCMP is failing.
>> >

>> > Adrian
>> >
>> It looks like Aleksandr is merging ral together on zrouter.
>> I assume we'll go with that version if that's okay with him.
>> Somehow he's back to one rt2860.c, not sure if he merged them
>> together or what.

I use more that year rt2860 driver, and it is in zrouter tree. But
zrouter have the good plan to have everything required in FreeBSD
tree :)
So everything must be discussed/fixed/cleaned/commited to FreeBSD tree.
and ZRouter will free own FreeBSD source repo.

So I merge whole rt2860 driver into 4 files (rt2860.c,
rt2860reg.h, rt2860ucode.h, rt2860var.h) to attach it to existing ral(4)
driver. Since future updates from A.Egorenkov repo are not expected.

>> File structure is more like OpenBSD...so maybe updated?

Original rt2860 driver is based on OpenBSD one, so we still use OpenBSD
driver for updates. That how I add RT3090 support.

>> I'm pulling down an hg clone right now and I'll see if I can compile
>> & run it.
>>
>> CCMP was working for me...at least I didn't have any problem
>> downloading/browsing/etc.
>>
>> Matt

Thank you!

WBW