Please Test: Updated Ral Driver Patch for rt2860/rt3090

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 02:23:07 UTC 2012

On 10/03/2012 03:17, matt wrote:
> Hi Folks! Thanks for the patience :)

Hi Matt,

> Here's the patch for HEAD:
>
> https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6YlMzJxarGbR1lSZ0hnTEFSREt6MU1MbGFKeURhUQ

The patch you linked to above had several errors which prevented it from
being built, I've cleaned things up & added them to a mercurial repo
https://bitbucket.org/sevan/ral/overview (you're welcome to have write
access Matt if you don't plan on hosting the files elsewhere)

both directories just need to be copied to /usr/src/sys

> You will see an invalid eeprom low-noise amplifier gain for low-noise
> amplifiers you don't have. If it doesn't attach at all, send me your PCI
> ids and we can add them to the attach code and see if they work.
>
> My expectation is everything from rt2860-rt3090 at least will work.

The driver attaches but ifconfig wlan0 scan doesn't show any access points

ral0: <Ralink Technology RT2790> mem 0xf7f00000-0xf7f0ffff irq 17 at
device 0.0 on pci3
ral0: invalid EEPROM LNA gain #2: 0x00
ral0: invalid EEPROM LNA gain #3: 0x00
ral0: invalid EEPROM powersave level
ral0: MAC/BBP RT2860 (rev 0x28720200), RF RT3022 2.4G 2T2R
ral0: skip channel 10, could not find extension channel
ral0: skip channel 11, could not find extension channel
ral0: skip channel 12, could not find extension channel
ral0: skip channel 13, could not find extension channel
ral0: skip channel 14, could not find extension channel
ral0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ral0: 11g rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 6Mbps 9Mbps 12Mbps 18Mbps
24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ral0: 2T2R
ral0: 11ng MCS 20MHz
ral0: MCS 0-7: 6.5Mbps - 65Mbps