urtw or ndisgen dont work for rtl8192cu Alfa AWUS036NHR RTL8188RU

Bernhard Schmidt bschmidt at techwires.net
Fri Jun 8 06:47:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Chiefdome <chiefdome at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> will there be an attempt to create a working Driver for the device shown
> above?
> I tried to use the urtwn driver in FreeBSD 9.0 but it never worked -  i even
> dont get a device.

Been wondering, how did you do that? For the device you have, urtwn(4)
would indeed be the correct driver to use, but afaik no one ported it
from OpenBSD yet. We only have urtw(4) (no n at the end) which is for
older devices. Is there a port out there I'm not aware of or was that
just a typo?

--
Bernhard