kern/163318: [ath] ath(4) stops working

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 23:30:16 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR kern/163318; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com>
To: Joel Dahl <joel at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/163318: [ath] ath(4) stops working
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:22:49 -0800

 Hi Joel,

 I've been exploring this a little further.

 I wonder if the actual bg scan task is stuck - even though scan
 start/end is being called correctly inside scan_task(), I wonder if
 something is trampling over the flags at the same time and causing
 scan_task() to think another scan is coming, but never does.

 A bgscan should be occuring every X seconds though. So I wonder why it
 wouldn't next be running.

 So would you mind plugging it back in and having it fail, then once it does:

 wlandebug +power +scan

 And then let's see if it actually _does_ try to do background scanning
 once it's hung. I hope it prints something useful about why it isn't
 running.

 Thanks,

 adrian