Bridge wired / wireless without hosting the network - is this possible

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:07:23 UTC 2012

The problem is the source mac address.

When bridging, the source mac is the bridge if, not the ether/wifi mac.

Either you need to tell if-bridge to use the ethernet mac address and hooe that works, or we need to do something nasty with mac address translation. WDS would let you tunnel the bridge mac over wifi, but that's a whole other issue..

Adrian

Sent from my Palm Pre on AT&T