Does FreeBSD AP (with ath) transmit regulatory domain? Should it?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Sun Apr 29 16:58:32 UTC 2012

Hello, Bernhard.
You wrote 29 апреля 2012 г., 20:49:10:

>>  So, it seems, that my Intel card is limited to channels 1-11 in
>> EPROM, even if Intel claims, that every card could work with every
>> channel (link in my first message in thread), and cards are not
>> limited by country, but works according to available APs.
BS> Right, to do so it must receive the beacons though, if it doesn't it
BS> can't do something based on "available APs". ;)
  :)

BS> What OS is this on? I remember Intel has a configuration utility at
BS> least on Windows, might be worth having a look at that. Maybe there is
BS> an option in that regard.
   Windows  XP. Card has a lot of options on Property page "Advanced,"
  like  power saving, mode of operation, etc, etc, but not "regdomain"
  or "country" one.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>