Does FreeBSD AP (with ath) transmit regulatory domain? Should it?

Lev Serebryakov lev at freebsd.org
Sun Apr 29 14:05:10 UTC 2012

Hello, Bernhard.
You wrote 29 апреля 2012 г., 17:52:29:

>> [1] - http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-006064.htm
BS> The Intel cards ship with a hard coded list of channels burned into
BS> there EEPROM, if channels aren't in there they aren't support. You can
  But  this  Intel's article says, that any card support all channels,
but scans 12-13 passively...

BS> get all supported channels for a certain interface with:
BS> ifconfig -v wlan0 list chan
BS> Compare that list on AP and client side.
  I  need  to boot FreeBSD on client for that :) I'll do this, but not
 right now :)

BS> Just wondering, did you set a countrycode/regdomain via ifconfig
BS> country or ifconfig regdomain? I remember that there are some issues
BS> and you might actually end getting less channels then there are
BS> actually supposed to be.
  I use "country" argument on AP, but client runs Windows :)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>