Intel 6250 and WiMax

Chris chrishutchinson1 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 21:43:22 UTC 2012

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 14:06:51 -0700
Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> 2012/4/9 Любомир Григоров <nm.knife at gmail.com>:
> >> We do. Linux has a stack in net/wimax and the driver for the
> >> Intel devices is in drivers/net/wimax/i2400m
> >> In other words, no, we currently do not support the WiMax stuff
> >> of any of the Intel cards nor any other device afaik
> >
> > Hmm, I suppose I can always order the carry-it-anywhere hub as a
> > solution. Or use Windows / GNU/Linux. Since it seems this isn't
> > something short and easy, and given the status of WiMax, probably
> > not something that will happen for FreeBSD soon/ever.
>
> I really am encouraging someone to look into this. I'd love to see
> wimax stack+support in FreeBSD.
>
> If you can come up with a useful sounding proposal, the freebsd
> foundation may even sponsor the work.

Greetings,
 I also have the ability to use WiMax on my "Smartphone"
(Spr!nt - HTC-EVO 4G). In fact, I'm currently using the phone as a
"hotspot" (router/gateway) to connect to the interweb, in order to
collect/respond to my mail. For those already familiar, I'm not
using the vendor provided (androd/froyo-2.2) HotSpot, but rather
an opensource tether app - in this case wireless, not USB.

 To the point, I'd be willing, and able to contribute to further
development on this front. My phone is "rooted", and I'm quite
familiar with the system -- it's a heavily hacked (by me) stock
ROM. My development system is FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE /AMD64.
I would prefer to collaborate with others on this.

Thank you for all your time, and consideration.

--Chris

P.S. the vendors name above, was intentionally obscured. :)