[patch] iwi(4) watchdog broken

Mitsuru IWASAKI iwasaki at jp.FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 3 12:12:17 UTC 2012

Hi,
> > Suspend/Resume problem was solved (thanks bschmidt!),
> > however problem still remainds after watchdog messages like
> > `device timeout' or `firmware stuck in state 4, resetting'.
>
> Honestly, I'd rather see the above issues fixed and not the workaround
> for it. ;)
> Do you have a test case to reproduce this?

Yap, ifconfig wlan0 scan on RELENG_8 always reproduce 'firmware stuck
in state 4, resetting'.

> So, if I get that correctly, the only difference is that you added a
> ieee80211_new_state_locked(vap, IEEE80211_S_INIT, -1); call, right?
> Any reason why not calling ieee80211_stop_all()/ieee80211_start_all()
> directly in iwi_restart()? This will call the appropriate
> iwi_init/stop functions.

Yes, I already tried that, wlan0 seems restarted but iwi0 not.
ifconfig show the status like this;
iwi0: flags=8842<BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 2290
[snip]
wlan0: flags=8803<UP,BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
[snip]

I wonder if only RELENG_8 has this problem because HEAD and RELENG_9
seems to be OK...