AP performance (again): txpower regulation

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 9 08:02:47 UTC 2011

2011/9/9 Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>:
> Hello, Adrian.
> You wrote 9 сентября 2011 г., 3:39:23:
>
>> Do you have two antennas connected, or just one?
>  Only one, as second port is marked as "5ghz" and I don't use it. But
>  I have second pigtail and antenna, I'll connect it today and repeat
>  experiments.

Try forcing the TX/RX antenna then. Look at the output of athstats -
see how rx antenna isn't balanced?
I bet half your problem is that half your packets are going in/out of
a disconnected antenna.

Antenna profile:
[1] tx  8543738 rx  4922481
[2] tx   544837 rx    14216

See? :)

Try sysctl dev.ath.0.diversity=0
sysctl dev.ath.0.txantenna=1
sysctl dev.ath.0.rxantenna=1

See if that improves things. If not, try antennas = 2.

Adrian