AR9280: ar5416PerCalibrationN: NF calibration didn't finish; delaying CCA

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu Oct 27 09:24:20 UTC 2011

2011/10/27 Lev Serebryakov <lev at freebsd.org>:

>  It is crazy world: you could buy Mini-PCI / Mini-PCIe cards locally.
> With MMCX or U.FL connectors. You could by antennas -- RP-SMA, N-type,
> any. All of this you could buy locally, in city's computer stores. Not
> in everyone, but there are several big ones, which have such parts.  And
> NO ONE sell pigtails! AT ALL! Personnel doesn't understand, what I'm
> asking about. One very special place offers custom-made cables -- any
> connectors, any length, but for short U.FL <-> RP-SMA cable they ask
> $30 (USD). For one. Ooops.

Yup. I've had some issues sourcing u.fl pigtails. I've had to do an
order of 50 just to get some.

>>>  802.11g and signal strength seems to be same as with AR5413 based
>>> card, but here are error on start:
>> Ok. Is that good or bad?

>   I'm not sure :) It means, that my previous card is not broken (it
>  is good), but it means too, that my environment is very noisy (it is
>  bad) :)

Yup. I've obtained an AR5413 based NIC and it seems happy. I bet your
area is just very congested.
Hopefully at some point I can get the OK to release the spectral scan
code, which means you can
turn your AR9280 into a spectrum analyser, then you can see how noisy
things are.

>  And what about channels? All these HT/20 and HT/40 -- what is best?

Well, you can just choose a HT/40 channel if you'd like to test
interoperability.
11n and 11bg clients can associate, but there's currently no HT
protection of frames to interoperate with legacy networks so
performance may suffer.
But yes, it'll work.

So if you'd like to try HT/20 or HT/40, give it a shot. It'll at least
be a good test to see what breaks. :)

Adrian