Atheros 9285 and low signal level

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Oct 19 15:53:40 UTC 2011

On 19 October 2011 23:51, Eugene Dzhurinsky <jdevelop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brilliant, I used the link
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showpost.php?p=135929&postcount=11
>
> with your instructions and was able to install drivers, at least they
> are working. Will check the signal level at home :)
>
> Btw may be you could suggest some tool which can measure some quality
> of wireless connections (noise etc) besides wlanstats?

I use the athstats program, but it uses an ABI which depends upon the
version of the ath driver in your tree.
So if you compile it, you'd best compile it from -HEAD and check it
out in the same place that it is in the tree.

Eg, if you had /home/adrian/work/freebsd/head/sys/dev/ath/ checked out,
then you need to also check out
/home/adrian/work/freebsd/head/tools/tools/ath/, then run make in
there.
I _hope_ it won't include the /usr/src/sys/dev/ath/ include files by
default. :-)

(Honest, 9.0-BETA3 should be great. :-)

Adrian