bwn + BETA3/ppc = very unstable

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 10 02:44:24 UTC 2011

  Adrian Chadd wrote:

> Right. Well, someone needs to go over the RF code and see what the
> TX/RX antenna and gain code is doing.
>
> Perhaps you could run up OpenBSD or NetBSD on the thing and enable bwi
> debugging output on their driver. Hopefully what we'll see is some
> very obvious differences in how it's handling TX/RX antenna gain and
> control.
>
> Otherwise, I'd suggest doing a diff between the openbsd bwi driver
> (which works, right?) and the FreeBSD code. Hopefully there's
> something obviously different. :)

Well, I have no proof that OpenBSD driver works. :-) I've read all the
commit logs for OpenBSD's driver since it was imported from DFly and
some of them mention that stuff is working on macppcs. But I haven't
installed OpenBSD on my iBook.

I hope to read RF code next week to see if I might find something
suspicious (I don't have that much C experience, esp. on device driver
level, but how knows :]). If that won't help, will try to install
OpenBSD to make sure it really works there.

Roman Bogorodskiy