Testing 802.11n

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 23 04:58:50 UTC 2011

On 23 November 2011 12:55, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

>> You can use athstats to see if it is tx and rxing aggregate frames. Then
>> you will know it is fully working!
>
> Err... yeah.  Well, I did give it a shot, but don't know enough to interpret
> the results.

I just noticed that it's not included in the athstats API. You can use
the sysctl debugging call:

sysctl dev.ath.0.txagg=1

If you see the aggregate frame counters go up, it's working.

I'm just updating the athstats program and ath driver to log TX
aggregate statistics.
Give me about 10 minutes and then do an update.

> Oh, and the next time you're near there, the usage line shows a "-a" option
> that doesn't really exist.  Patch attached.

Ok. I'll go and investigate what that option once did and see if I can
dig up the code.

Thanks!

adrian