bwi problems

pál péter pptamas01 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:53:13 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

I have a Compaq mini 311 netbook, with a freeBSD-8.2-RELEASED OS. with a
"Broadcom Wireless b/g (BCM4315/BCM22062000)" wireless card.
(pciconf -lv | grep Wireless >>   device = 'Broadcom Wireless b/g
(BCM4315/BCM22062000)'). A searched it from the freeBSD 8.1 hardware notes,
and it sais that i sould use the bwi kernel modul, so i do that. I also
installed the bwi-firmware-kmod port, as the man bwi(4) sais.
Heres my *l**oader.conf*:

if_nfe_load="YES"
if_bwi_load="YES"
wlan_scan_up_load="YES"
wlan_sta_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load="YES"
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"

nvidia_load="YES"
snd_hda_load="YES"
ng_ubt_load="YES"
cuse4bsd_load="YES"

and my *rc.conf*:

network_enable="YES"
gateway_enable="YES"

network_interfaces="auto"
ifconfig_nfe0="DHCP"
wlans_bwi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WAP DHCP"
ipv6_enable="YES"
inetd_enable="YES"

hostname="Nikolay"
hald_enable="YES"
dbus_enable="YES"
gdm_enable="YES"
gnome_enable="YES"
linux_enable="YES"

hcsecd_enable="YES"
sdpd_enable="YES"
webcamd_enable="YES"

But when i want to configure with ifconfig either bwi0 or wlan0, it sais
"interface does not exist". So i dont know what sould i do. If any has
managed to use Wireless network with the same card, pls help me. Thanks.