Atheros AR9287 wlan

Joao Schim Joao.Schim at KB.nl
Tue May 31 08:50:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I have given it a quick try .. and i guess i will give
it another try tomorrow, since i couldn't get it to work just yet. (didn't have
much time yet to really get into it)   FYI I'm building on 8.2-RELEASE.

First the build didn't work right away.
The step mentioned in the forum thread :
 $ cd ~/ath/head/sys/modules/ath && make

Failed with the message that it could not find some header files. ("dev/ath/ath_hal/ah_diagcodes.h", and others)
I added -I${.CURDIR}/../../ to the CFLAGS line in the makefile to get it to build.

After that building went just fine. However kldloading after reboot failed miserably
causing a dump and reboot.

I will drop the summary of the dump in a followup if nescesary but it came down
to a call to device_get_unit(dev = 0x0) from ath_attach().

I'm guessing that my Makefile modification wasn't all that brilliant ;)

Thanks.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

Joao Schim