kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x

Dalibor Gudzic dalibor.gudzic at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:20:12 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/140796; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-wireless at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach
 hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:11:16 +0200

 On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Dalibor Gudzic
 <dalibor.gudzic at gmail.com> wrote:
 >> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian at freebsd.org> wrote:
 >>
 >> Have you tried freebsd-current? I've done quite a bit of work with the
 >> ath driver in FreeBSD-current.
 >
 > Just did. It appears that card is working in HEAD, at least there are
 > no failed messages. Here is the dmesg:

 Unfortunately, I cannot do anything with the card. I can 'up' it, but
 when I try to assign an address to it I get:

       ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Invalid argument

 ifconfig arguments were fine, everything is OK with vr0 interace. If I
 try tcpdump on ath0 I get:

       tcpdump: ath0: No such device exists
       (BIOCSETIF failed: Device not configured)

 I guess I started to celebrate to early... :)

 Dalibor