Initial AR9287 RX support in HEAD

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Thu May 26 09:32:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

After some quick consultation with Bernhard, I've committed the AR9287
work in progress to -HEAD.

Why? Because I had a few people show interest in tinkering with
porting support for this NIC, so I figured I'd make it a lot easier by
committing what I've done to date.

I decided it was worth throwing it into -HEAD minus the TX calibration
/ TX power setting code. It isn't linked into the build because
running the NIC in anything other than monitor mode right now is very
likely going to do bad things.

On the up side, it's behaving itself in monitor mode.

I plan on tidying up the closed-loop TX power control code that's
currently shared between AR5416/AR9160, AR9280 and AR9285 before
adding the needed TX power setting code to the AR9287.

But if someone wants to just beat me to it for their own use by
copy/pasting the AR9287 TX power calibration and setting routines from
ath9k, be my guest. Just be careful that it's doing it correctly or
you could damage your card. :)

Enjoy,

Adrian