SR71-A Txpower Question

Shant Kassardjian shant at skylab.ca
Tue May 24 16:36:18 UTC 2011

Hello FreeBSD-Wireless,

I've been running SR71-A on FreeBSD 8.1 for quite some time now and it's been running very well. Many thanks to Adrian Chadd who really helped ironing out all my questions!

My only problem so far that I've noticed is that when I do:  ifconfig wlan0 txpower 0; this does not turn off power to the wireless as it's suppose to and rather I have to bring down the interface manually to shut it down hence whenever I need to start it up again I have to reconfigure the interface.

>From my observation it looks like changing the txpower rate using ifconfig has little to no effect controlling this adapter.

My question is that, could it be because I have compiled the kernel with the following modifications as suggested by Adrian Chadd to take advantage of Max 3x antenna transmit power that I am having this problem?

Edit sys/dev/ath/ath_hal/ar5416/ar5416.h:

#define AR5416_DEFAULT_RXCHAINMASK      7
#define AR5416_DEFAULT_TXCHAINMASK      7

Does anyone else have this symptom with their SR71-A (AR5416)?

Many thanks in advance;

Regards,
Shant K.