kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x

Dalibor Gudzic dalibor.gudzic at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:20:14 UTC 2011

The following reply was made to PR kern/140796; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Dalibor Gudzic <dalibor.gudzic at gmail.com>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/140796: [ath] [panic] Cannot attach (unable to attach
 hardware; HAL status 3) under 8, panic in 7.x
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:47:56 +0200

 > From-To:	freebsd-net->freebsd-wireless
 > By:	adrian
 > When:	Tue May 10 10:13:04 UTC 2011
 > Why:	Reassigning to freebsd-wireless
 > Submitter: is this still a problem for you?

 Yes, card still does NOT work in FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE. I don't get
 panic any more though. I don't know if I should send a new dmesg to
 this PR, or rather do for PR/116444 which is PR I've submitted before,
 and it considers this ath card. This PR was concerning a panic that
 prevented system from booting. Now system boots, so I think this PR
 could be closed, and I should submit a follow-up dmesg on kern/116444.

 I have dmesg ready, so please tell me which PR should I follow-up?

 (Btw, I never got this last message in my inbox, that's way I didn't
 reply to it. Maybe I unsubscribed from the list, or something, dunno)