Ubiquiti SR71-E (ar9280) support? Or, maybe, other Mini-PCIe high-power WiFi card?

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Mon May 16 12:39:14 UTC 2011

Hello, Adrian.
You wrote 16 мая 2011 г., 16:21:05:

 Thank you for detailed explanation. Of course, I'll upgrade to
9-STAVLE as it becomes STABLE :)

> I've no idea what the implications are for power usage on Mini-PCIe
> cards. Ubiquiti have stopped selling the SR71-E cards and I'm not sure
> why; and I'm not sure whether there are other cards out there that are
> Mini-PCIe and high powered. You may want to contact Ubiquiti and ask.
  Power seems not ot be a problem -- many high-power Mini-PCI cards
has additional contacts (in form of standard header, which allows to
attach unused now 3.5" FDD power connector, for example) for 5V power
to enable high-power operations. My Senao EMP card has, for example...

> Thanks and good luck!
  Thank you for you work on Atheros and wifi in FreeBSD :)

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>