Ubiquiti SR71-E (ar9280) support? Or, maybe, other Mini-PCIe high-power WiFi card?

Lev Serebryakov lev at serebryakov.spb.ru
Mon May 16 11:52:24 UTC 2011

Hello, Freebsd-wireless.

  I want to upgrade my Router/WiFI AP from Soekris net5501 with
MiniPCI WiFi (Senao high-power card with Atheros 5413) to net6501,
which requires Mini-PCIe card.

 It seems, that only Mini-PCIe card with high output power (more than
 standard 100mW) is Ubiquiti SR71-E with Atheros 9280 chipset.

  As it is 802.11n with 2x2 MIMO, and there is no official support for
 802.11n in FreeBSD, I have several questions:

  (1) Will it work as 802.11g in 8-STABLE?
  (2) As far as I can see, 802.11n is semi-supported in HEAD. Will it
  be ready in 9.0-RELEASE? Will it be backported to 8-STABLE branch?

  And almost unrelated question: am I right, that Ubiquiti SR71-E is
 now only card, which is more powerful than standard ones and has
 Mini-PCIe connection? There were a lot of high-power (up to 1000mW)
 cards with Mini-PCI, but I can not find anything for Mini-PCIe.

  Thank you.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at serebryakov.spb.ru>