kern/156884: dev/ath instablity

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Sun May 8 16:09:39 UTC 2011

This is an annoying bug; I'm trying to reproduce it locally. I can
certainly trigger situations in -HEAD where the AR9285 I have here
drops in TX performance down to sub-10mbit. I've tried a few
if_ath/HAL versions over the last few months and there has been a
change in behaviour, but I can't specifically pinpoint what it's due
to and what's "better". Only that it's "different".

Between Dima, Martin and I, I think we have enough of a sample of
differently-functioning AR9285's to figure out this mess.

Please speak up if you're using an AR9285 with -HEAD.

Thanks,

Adrian