[net80211] patch: make aggressive mode a compile time option

Adrian Chadd adrian at freebsd.org
Mon May 2 05:44:07 UTC 2011

Right now aggressive mode is enabled by default. This twiddles the WME
parameters for the bulk data queue to allow bursting if there's no
data on the higher priority queues.

This patch disables it by default and adds a new compile time option
that restores the previous behaviour.

I'd like to suggest this be disabled by default as it differs from the
"specification" 802.11e behaviour and I'm not yet entirely convinced
it's working correctly. Specifically, I've seen hostap setups set the
wme beacon field to the aggressive mode parameters but not update the
wlan interface with them; making the AP wlan interface nconsistent
with th erest of the stations.

I'm open to making it on by default but still make it easy to disable
as a build-time option.

Thanks,

Adrian