Ralink RT3090/RT2860

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Sun Jun 5 23:48:28 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 15:24:52 -0700
Matt <sendtomatt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/18/11 00:36, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> > On 18 May 2011 15:02, Sergey V. Dyatko<sergey.dyatko at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> As far I know Alexandr is too busy now (ported fbsd into one of
> >> d-link device). Hi have plans port ral code from openbsd. IIRC it
> >> was discussed not so long ago, in current@
> > This thread reads to me like "hi, would someone like to pick up
> > Alex's work, liase with Alex/Bernhard, and bring the code up to
> > scratch so we can commit it to FreeBSD".
> >
> > Matt, how's your C? :)
> >

> > Adrian
> >
> I've successfully got Alexandr's code worked into the Ral driver.
> This mainly involved some changes to if_ral_pci.c, renaming some
> softc stuff and pulling PCI code out of rt2860_attach.

Must say, that code not mine, wrote by Alexander Egorenkov (based on
OpenBSD one) + OpenBSD part for 3090 (but seems w/o LEDs :) ) and plus
my part for wireless embedded into SoC like RT3052F.

> It's stable so far, WPA2 works fine as does Host AP etc (haven't
> tried with encryption). I haven't tested AHdemo, I assume monitor
> mode works.
>
> I want to eventually go through and place some chip specific fixes
> for 3090 etc., and possibly compare functions between different
> sources and make sure we're doing it right.
>
> Some questions:
> 1) If I kldunload if_ral while associated and flood pinging, I get
> "no route" for a while and then a page fault (only bug I've found so
> far). I assume this is something dumb I've done during detach?
>
> 2)  My LED does not work. I have this in a Thinkpad WWAN slot, which
> are known to have issues with LED on some chips. A broadcom 4321 did
> activate the led in this slot. Can anyone confirm if they had a
> working LED using Alexandr's RT2860 stand alone driver? Or does  work
> on LED code need to occur?
>
> Cheers, I'll remove my ugly printfs and post a patch or tarball later
> today.

Anyway, we (Adrian, Bernhard, PseudoCylon and me) discuss what there is
preferred to port current version of OpenBSD `ral` driver, and keep it
sync in future. But only one problem here, we all don't have time
right now for that :)

> Matt

I hope someone found a time for it :)

WBW