wifi connection

pál péter pptamas01 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 14:19:44 UTC 2011

Hi everyone!

I have a very silly question. I have an initiated wlan device, and i can
scann the available access points, BUT:
Can anyone write to me those shell commands and there parameters (ifconfig
etc), which need to connect to a scanned access point through the access
point ssid or bssid. I read the following manuals:
ifconfig, vlan, but i did not find the answers.
I need a full command list, eg.:
-connect to a simple access point without encryption.
-connect to an access point with WPA encryption.
-connect to an access point with other encryptions.
-connect to an access point and using DHCP
-connect to an access point which require password.
I need only shell commands, not rc.conf modifications or other options.
Thanks a lot.