RT2860/RT3090/RAL: Any brave testers?

Matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:31:23 UTC 2011

On 07/10/11 03:55, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 8 July 2011 00:21, Matt<sendtomatt at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Did both patches apply successfully? It sounds like Makefile patch is
>> applied but patch to /usr/src/sys/dev/ral is not. Ralpatch.diff is the
>> actual driver code, ralmakepatch.diff patches the makefile to use it.
>>
>> For what it's worth, I just erased /usr/src/sys/dev/ral, csup'd to current,
>> applied the patches from the link and was able to build it. I have been
>> building it seperately as a module by going to /usr/src/sys/modules/ral and
>> typing "make&&  make install". Not sure if that's the difference.
>>
>> I'd be glad to help get this built...sorry for any frustration!
>>
>> Matt
>>
> Try this,
> add the delete keyword to your supfile&  re-fetch src
> this should remove all your local changes to files already in the src repo
> now apply your diff&  attempt to build a kernel or the individual
> module, does it work??
> your diff also contains a .rej file which does'nt need to be there
>

> Sevan

I do have delete set in supfile.

I also did this:
rm -rf /usr/src
rm -rf /usr/obj
csup ~/localsupfile (identical to example but with cvsup2.freebsd.org)
tar xvzf ralpatch.tar.gz
mv ralpatch/*.diff .
patch -p1 < ralpatch.diff
patch -p1 < ralmakepatch.diff

and module makes fine...I have only tested thus far against current, so
if you are not on current or are running a different arch than amd64,
please let me know that information as well as detailed make output
failure.

I'm sorry there appears to be some issue here, hopefully with more info
I can resolve it?

Matt