[CFT] Sierra Wireless HSPA+ USB modem

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 8 13:05:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net> wrote:
> On Friday 08 July 2011 03:25:39 PseudoCylon wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky at c2i.net>
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I remove the mock DHCP client?

Yes, you can. I had a feeling of it won't go into the src tree. That's
why it was in a separate file. The only drawback is now users have to
manually set up the connection.

Here is an updated how-to-use
#ifconfig usie0 up
IP and DNS addr will be printed on the console. Using those addr,
#ifconfig usie0 inet N.N.N.N
#ifconfig usie0 defaultif
#echo "nameserver N.N.N.N" > /etc/resolv.conf
One nemaserve is sufficient.
#echo "nameserver N.N.N.N" >> /etc/resolv.conf

And, I have tried the committed version of the driver, and it is working fine.

Thanks for committing.

AK