RT2860/RT3090/RAL: Any brave testers?

Matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 14:10:39 UTC 2011

On 07/06/11 02:10, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 6 July 2011 06:33, Matt<sendtomatt at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I've been working on combing ral&  Alexandr Egorenkov's rt2860. It runs fine
>> here (LiteOn v0x1814 d0x3090), and compiles sans complaint with both clang
>> and gcc.
>>
>> However, I haven't tested any other rt2860/3090 devices, or traditional ral
>> devices (they should be the same, changes only to allow rt2860 attach).
>>
>> If anyone has a device with a ralink chipset, and wants to test a
>> development quality wireless driver :), please let know.
>>
>> Diffs against CVS
>> /usr/src/sys/modules/ral/Makefile: http://pastebin.com/cgHy3SXL
>> /usr/src/sys/dev/ral: http://pastebin.com/wXHd7fG9
>>
>> Please let me know if there is better way to distribute or if you'd like a
>> tarball. There are still some spurious printfs on attach about HT/WifiN...I
>> think they can be ignored.
>>
>> This is not a production driver. Please use for testing only. There is
>> definitely work to be done. If you test it, and it works for you (esp. LEDs,
>> HT, injection, hostap etc.) let me know.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Matt
> Hi Matt,
> Will happily do so, my card details are here
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2011-April/024019.html
>

> Sevan / Venture37

You may have some deja vu...from usage/performance perspective it is
quite similar to the rt2860 driver although merged into ral :).

Please don't worry about LNA gain printf or (possibly) extension channel
errors...I think these are excessively verbose, but I am still comparing
to OpenBSD version's initialization.

Thanks!
Matt