support for RT2860 card?

Matt sendtomatt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 01:52:50 UTC 2011

On 07/02/11 17:27, Georg Bege wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
> Yes of course it's Ralink (I keep confusing it with realtek),
> so a mistake of mine.
> I cant test now but I'll do so in a couple of days (like
> tuesday/thursday) - the manpage of run(4) says "USB" - well it's PCI-E
> but I guess that doesnt really matter.
> At least the RT28xx chipsets are listed, I'll give you an info how this
> works out as soon as I've got my hands on the hardware.
>
> cheers
>
> Am Sonntag, den 03.07.2011, 00:50 +0100 schrieb Gavin Atkinson:
>> On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Georg Bege wrote:
>>
>>> Good day to you guys
>>>
>>> I wonder if the ral driver does support
>>> an Asus PCE-N13 PCI-E wireless card?
>>> It has an RT2860 (realtek) chip on it...
>> I believe the RT2860 is actually made by Ralink not Realtek, and should be
>> supported by the run(4) driver.  If that doesn't work, can you supply the
>> output of "pciconf -l" and "usbconfig list"?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Gavin

I've been working on the ral driver for rt2860 support. I posted a rough
patch a week or so ago, I'm going to post a better version hopefully
this weekend. In any case, run is USB only, ral is the correct driver.
  I've been lagging on the patch, work & a new system to play took
priority :).

What vendor & device id do you have? If you are comfortable compiling a
kernel module it'd be nice to have someone test (especially LEDs, as I
have mine in a funky WWAN slot) with a rt2860/3090 device.

Thanks,
Matt