Big delays between an AR5416 AP and its clients

Gustau Pérez gperez at entel.upc.edu
Tue Dec 27 16:03:58 UTC 2011

On 04/12/2011 11:22, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Ok, to enable logging:
>
> Firstly, let's just debug the non-beacon TX :
>
> sysctl dev.ath.0.debug=0x3c000000
> wlandebug -i wlan0 +rate
>
> Then send some pings. You'll get a _lot_ of debugging. Please capture
> some debugging. :)
> Point out which log entries correspond to increased latency.
>
> (This is assuming it's a TX issue; it's possibly an RX issue too..)
>
> Thanks,
>

> Adrian

   Hi Adrian,

   I managed to get a trace of the debug info. The file is HUGE and to
make things worse I can't tell exactly when it started to happen.

    The trace beggins with no iphone associated while pinging the AR5416
box. Then, I started the iphone's supplicant, and at around 16:53:14 the
latency problem appeared. I hope it tells you anything useful, because I
don't know what I'm looking for.

    The trace can be downloaded at:

            http://www-entel.upc.edu/gus/ath_tx_logging.xz

    Please let me know if you need any additional info.

    Gus