Zyxel NWD210N not accepted at boot time but after plugging it in again

PseudoCylon moonlightakkiy at yahoo.ca
Mon Dec 19 04:42:04 UTC 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 2:11 PM, Erich Dollansky
<erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sunday 18 December 2011 12:32:46 PseudoCylon wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Erich Dollansky
>> <erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > if you need more information, just ask me. Please do not wonder if you do not get them at the spot. I am in a very remote location where electricity is cut off during the day.
>> >
>> Actually, it was quite straight forward. The patch follows.
>>
>> Also, a tarball is attached which include patch to man.4/run.4 and new
>> firmware. I don't know what has been changed, but I'd appreciate if
>> you try new firmware out.
>
> after installing the patch and rebooting the machine, the interface came up as expected. I could not test the new firmware as I did not find the location where to store it.

Good to hear.

The original firmware is in /usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/run The easiest
way is over write the firmware, cd to /usr/src/sys/modules/runfw,
make, and install. The patched if_run will prints out firmware
version. Old one is 0.17, new one is 0.236

AK