Zyxel NWD210N not accepted at boot time but after plugging it in again

Erich Dollansky erichfreebsdlist at ovitrap.com
Sat Dec 17 06:35:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a simple problem with this Zyxel wireless adaptor. I am not able to use it directly after a reboot. The interface becomes only available after I unplug it and plug it in again.

I believe that this is the crucial message:

run0: could not load 8051 microcode

As I have said, it all works as expected after I plugged it in again.

Here is my dmesg with the messages regarding the device. The first part is from the boot and the remaining is from the replugging.

run0: <1.0> on usbus1
run0: MAC/BBP RT2860 (rev 0x0102), RF RT2820 (MIMO 2T2R), address 00:19:cb:85:aa:76
runfw: root not mounted yet, no way to load image
run0: failed loadfirmware of file runfw
run0: could not load 8051 microcode
device_attach: run0 attach returned 6
run0: <1.0> on usbus1
run0: MAC/BBP RT2860 (rev 0x0102), RF RT2820 (MIMO 2T2R), address 00:19:cb:85:aa:76
run0: firmware RT2870 loaded

I think that the explanation is so simple but I do not see it.

Thanks!

Erich