Is "bssid" parameter to ifconfig supported with ath?

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Thu Dec 15 00:45:35 UTC 2011

I know at some point I was able to do e.g.:

	ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0 wlanmode hostap bssid
	ifconfig wlan1 create wlandev ath0 wlanmode hostap bssid

and end up with different MAC addresses on wlan0 and wlan1. Recently (and possibly for some time) that has not been the case. All wlan interfaces end up with the MAC address of the parent device, which (obviously) causes problems if actually using more than one vap. Using "wlanaddr" and a manual address instead works as expected.