bhyve: passthrough SMART info from host nvme controller

Wanpeng Qian wanpengqian at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:16:38 UTC 2020

I dont think that is insecure.
as bhyve can passthrough real device to VM. as your point, that make
more insecure, right?

Such configuration will not enable by default.
if user intend to do it, system has this ability instead of not implement.

Simple is best, less is secure. I know that. but real world has all
kinds of requirements.
if you provide more, more people using it.