Passthru a VF to Windows guest cause BSOD, chelsio T520BT, SR-IOV

Wanpeng Qian wanpengqian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 03:51:45 UTC 2020

Hi Peter

>   Can you try disabling APIC acceleration (which should be available on
> that Xeon E5) ? This can be done on the fly using kenv and
> unloading/reloading vmm.ko (or loader.conf and rebooting)

After disabling tpr_shadowing, the Windows 10 1909 client boots
without the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD,
(Windows 10 is very slow without tpr shadowing)

But the driver didn't work.
With Windows 10 built in driver, device status is :

Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)

When installing chelsio driver, cause BSoD,
which is SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLE (chnetx64.sys)

I also try Windows 2012, same as Windows 10, BSoD while installing driver.

And Windows 7 Pro, the chelsio driver didn't have a valid digial signed,
not working.

Thanks

Qian