Need X-server to run in bhyve guest

Victor Sudakov vas at sibptus.ru
Sun Dec 1 14:28:10 UTC 2019

Loyd Craft wrote:
> I like Xephyr….   It’s a software framebuffer for X11...

So it can pretend to be a local X-server (i.e. :0) in a bhyve guest?

> But you need a X server and SSH X11 forwarding on your local machine.

Xephyr is an X-server and X-client at the same time, correct? Then I can
install it in the guest VM and make it output to my FreeBSD desktop. I
don't even think SSH X11 forwarding will be required, just setting the
$DISPLAY variable appropriately?

But first of all, how do you make Gnome or KDE use Xephyr as a local
X-server?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49 at fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/