Severely broken bhyve console

Mark Raynsford list+org.freebsd.virtualization at io7m.com
Wed Aug 21 08:51:49 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-20T14:34:02 -0700
"Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg at gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

> What it looks as if is happened is you have disconnected from
> a session while it was in grub and had sent specific control
> sequences, possibly even expecting scroll regions and such
> set up in the terminal.  Now when you reconnect from a newly
> initialzed terminal that has none of this setup things go
> very wrong.

Interesting. I don't remember this happening, but it's not
inconceivable that it happened and I didn't notice it.

What is kind of strange is that I appear to be partly in the grub
prompt and partly in the Debian installer; I see output and responses
from both interleaved.

> One solution is to use the graphics console, that does not suffer
> from these tty type issues, its a bit sluggish if you do not have
> a good high speed network path to the bhyve host though.

It's a 1Gbps LAN, so I assume that's fast enough.

However: Is there some way I can reset the nmdm device?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com