[Differential] D14473: userboot: add callbacks to set unrestricted guest mode

grehan (Peter Grehan) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 7 16:55:42 UTC 2018

grehan added a comment.

  So a comment on this: in general, api's are not added to FreeBSD that don't have base-system clients that use them, or for a good reason. I think this falls into the latter but I'd like to cut it down a bit.

  - can the get_unrestricted_guest() routine be removed ? There is an error return on the set, which seems like it can be used to determine if unrestricted mode is not available (e.g. that's how bhyve uses the ioctl).
  - is there a need for vcpu_reset() ? The BSP should be initialized to power-on state.. That could be a bug in bhyve and better to have it fixed there.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D14473

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/