Does anyone use the FreeBSD VM qcow2 images

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 10 13:52:55 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm talking about the images available here:

    http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/VM-IMAGES/

Since mkimg(1) in head/ and stable/10 supports VMDK and VHD formats,
I would prefer to remove the need to use qemu-img to generate the VM
images.

This would mean that the qcow2 format would no longer be produced.

If you are using the qcow2 format, please reply off-list.  If the qcow2
format is being widely used, they will continue to be produced.  If not,
they'll go away, and we'll have raw, VMDK, and VHD formats.

Thanks.

Glen