Automatically running /usr/tests on stable/10 branch under Jenkins

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Mon Oct 27 23:43:03 UTC 2014

Susan,

In addition to the slides which I previously mentioned, you and your
colleagues at Xinuos
may wish to take a quick read of this document which I wrote, the  "Kyua
Quickstart Guide":

https://github.com/rodrigc/kyua/wiki/Quickstart-Guide

kyua is the test harness that is used to run the tests in the /usr/tests
directory in FreeBSD.
That doc is a very quick guide on how to run tests under kyua, and also
how to write tests which can be run under kyua.

Getting any feedback on this would be very useful.  Does that doc make
sense to a newcomer?
Are there typos?

I want the FreeBSD project to get to the point where:
    (1) anybody can download the FreeBSD tests
    (2) anybody can run the tests
    (3) people can easily figure out how to write new tests and contribute
them back (if they wish) to FreeBSD

Better documentation will hopefully help with this.
Thanks.
--
Craig

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:37 PM, Susan Stanziano <susan.stanziano at xinuos.com