Enabling VIMAGE by default for FreeBSD 11?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Oct 15 23:27:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Kris Moore <kris at pcbsd.org> wrote:

> It was for a while in 9.2, but we removed it from 10.0 and later due to
> stability issues we kept getting reports about. Haven't tried it since
> then, dont know if those issues are fixed.

I fixed some of the problems with VIMAGE that I encountered with Bluetooth:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2013-July/049582.html

Hiroo Onoo submitted this patch, which I committed to fix problems with
VIMAGE encountered with removable USB Ethernet:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-all/2014-February/081025.html

Martin Matuska committed this fix for PF:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2014-April/057803.html

So a lot of the stability problems with VIMAGE which were in PC-BSD 9.2 and
FreeBSD 9.x have been slowly been fixed.
--
Craig