can a bhyve instance be resized? adding another virtual disk?

freebsd-lists at potato.growveg.org freebsd-lists at potato.growveg.org
Wed Oct 15 11:56:51 UTC 2014

Hello list,

Can a bhyve instance be resized? I'm talking about the disk.
Say your end user needs more diskspace. They have 32GB. They need 64GB.
How do you do it? I presume one has to stop the guest, then use truncate.
What about if the guest OS isn't freebsd, and they use say ext2 or 3? Will
ext3 start yelling at me because I've resized it?

What if they just want another disk? How does one refer to a
newly created virtual disk from a guest? How is it mounted to the guest?

thanks
--
John