CFT: Procedure for installing DevStack on FreeBSD using PetiteCloud

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 10:30:19 UTC 2014

Forgot to mention that we would of course like to join forces.   Our main
goals are increasing the stability of open stack (outside of the data
center) installs by using virtualization to give fallover even for the
smallest of clouds and such.  Namely we think that a typical non-data
center OpenStack cloud should be run on VM's to make up for the lack of
physical redundancy in many such installs.

On the question of which hyperv a better approach might be to make a set of
wrappers that any hyperv can fit into easly.  When we convert the core of
petitecloud over to C/C++ we will be more then happy to help intergrate our
OO approach to this (namely one super class called HyperV which is then
subclassed by the drivers for bhyve, libvirt, kqemu, etc.).   The idea is
you present to nova the interface it needs but allow for switching to other
hyperv's and/or adding them in a plugin manner (PetiteCloud only requires
you to override two methods for example to make a new hyperv driver)... if
someone wants to learn how we do stuff under the hood, then helping us get
libvirt working under PetiteCloud would be a good way... Dee and I have
other PetiteCloud-related development priorities and will not be able to
return to work on support for additional hyperv's for a few months.