Linux on BHyVe in 10.0-RELEASE

Markiyan Kushnir markiyan.kushnir at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 11:28:15 UTC 2014

2014/1/26 Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman at gmail.com>:
>> mkdir ubuntu
>> ...fetch ubuntu13.10 iso image and put it in ubuntu/ubuntu.iso
>> create the file ubuntu/device.map with the following content (2 lines):
>> (hd0) ./ubuntu/ubuntu.img
>> (cd0) ./ubuntu/ubuntu.iso
>>
>> truncate -s 8G ubuntu/ubuntu.img
>>
>> grub-bhyve -r cd0 -m ./ubuntu/device.map -M 2048 ubuntu
>>

> results in the screenshot at  http://www.petitecloud.org/linweird.png which
> somehow I do not think is the correct results

Aryeh, could you please clarify what did you do and what you wanted to
achieve (is your screen shot an X session?). I managed to successfully
install and run Ubuntu Server 13.10 as a bhyve instance as Jonas
described, without X of course.

Aside form that, I found that disk partitioning with LVM (one of
options during Ubuntu install) didn't work for me.

--
Markiyan.