ATA controller and Hyper-V "synthetic storage driver" handle the IDE disks devices ( but not for the CD-ROM) Re: Hyper-V on FreeBSD

Victor Miasnikov vvm at tut.by
Tue May 7 07:40:49 UTC 2013

Hi!

> prevent default OS driver from attaching to emulated ATA controller when Hyper-V

 Disable both primary and secondary ATA controller prevent use CD-ROM device in VM ( guest)

Because "synthetic storage driver" not handle CD-ROM devices
( IMHO, even more: Hyper-V host work with CD-ROM only as "PCI bus" device)

Best regards, Victor Miasnikov
Blog:  http://vvm.blog.tut.by/

P.S.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2013-April/001180.html
==
 . . .
On 23.04.2013 17:07, Larry Melia wrote:
 . . .
> Removing our ATA patches, on the other hand, results in a huge
> performance loss. This is because the root file system is managed by the
> ATA driver, which is emulated under Hyper-V.
==

Place on IDE disk only "\boot" ( and bootloader), other on SCSI .

P.P.S.

 Larry, I'm found Youre 3 e-mail accounts, You use all 3 ?