Importing the Microsoft hyper-v PV drivers into CURRENT

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Wed Apr 24 18:08:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

  I'd like to start the process of bringing in Microsoft's hyper-v
paravirtualized drivers into CURRENT. Here're the steps I'll follow:

  1.  Pull the hyperv driver-only git export
(https://github.com/FreeBSDonHyper-V/VendorBranchForFreeBSDonHyper-V)
into a vendor branch

  2.  A project branch off CURRENT will be created, and the vendor
branch pulled into that. Folk can use that for testing/review until it's
considered OK.

  3.  Lastly, when it's deemed ready, I'll drop the vendor branch into
CURRENT and retire the project branch.

  Let me know if that sounds OK.

later,

Peter.